Greetings Jake! Are you in the market for a new car in Exeter? You’re in luck! Exeter is home to a wide variety of car dealerships with a myriad of options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a compact car, a family sedan, or a luxurious SUV, there’s a car for every preference and budget.
Exeter is a bustling city in the southwest of England that has been growing rapidly in recent years. This growth has brought about a significant increase in car sales, with more and more people in the area looking to purchase a new vehicle. If you’re one of these people, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the cars for sale in Exeter UK and help you find the best deals out there.
From well-known brands like Ford and Toyota to luxury car manufacturers like BMW and Mercedes-Benz, Exeter has it all. Whether you’re looking for a brand new car or a used one, there’s no shortage of dealerships in the area that offer a diverse selection of cars at competitive prices.
In this article, we’ll explore the advantages and disadvantages of buying a car in Exeter, take a closer look at some of the top dealerships in the area, and answer some frequently asked questions about purchasing a car in Exeter.
Advantages of Buying a Car in Exeter
1. Variety: The first and most obvious advantage of buying a car in Exeter is the wide variety of options available. From small, fuel-efficient cars to spacious family SUVs, you’re sure to find a car that fits your needs and budget.
2. Competitive prices: With so many dealerships in the area, the competition for customers is fierce. This means that prices are often very competitive, making it easier for you to find a great deal on the car you want.
3. Convenient location: Exeter is a convenient location for car buyers, particularly those who live in the south of England. With good transport connections, it’s easy to get to and from Exeter to view and purchase a car.
4. Easy Financing: Many dealerships in Exeter offer financing options for those who need it. This can make purchasing a car more affordable by spreading the cost over a longer period.
5. Warranty: Many new and used cars sold in Exeter come with a warranty, which gives you added peace of mind when purchasing a car.
Disadvantages of Buying a Car in Exeter
1. Limited Selection: While Exeter does offer a wide variety of cars for sale, the selection may be limited when compared to larger cities like London. This could make it harder to find the exact car you’re looking for.
2. Higher Prices: While there is competition among dealerships in Exeter, prices may still be higher than in some other areas of the UK.
3. Limited Negotiation: While it’s always worth trying to negotiate a better price, some dealerships in Exeter may be less willing to negotiate due to the high demand for cars in the area.
4. Reputation: Some dealerships in Exeter have a less than stellar reputation, so it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable dealership before making a purchase.
5. Maintenance Costs: Cars, like all machines, require maintenance and upkeep. While some dealerships offer warranties that cover maintenance costs, it’s important to factor in these costs when purchasing a new car.
Top Dealerships in Exeter
1. Evans Halshaw
Evans Halshaw is a well-known dealership that offers a wide variety of new and used cars at competitive prices. With a range of financing options available, it’s easy to find a deal that works for you. They also offer a range of services, including MOTs and repairs, so you can keep your car in top condition.
Vospers is another popular dealership in Exeter that offers a range of new and used cars. With a commitment to customer service, they aim to make the car buying process as stress-free as possible. They also offer a range of financing options and have an on-site service and repair center.
3. Bristol Street Motors
Bristol Street Motors is part of the Vertu Motors group and offers a range of new and used cars from a variety of manufacturers. They also offer financing options and have an on-site service center. With friendly and knowledgeable staff, Bristol Street Motors is a great choice for anyone looking to purchase a car in Exeter.
Cars for Sale in Exeter UK: Complete Information Table
New Cars Available
Used Cars Available
Service and Repair
Bristol Street Motors
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to pay taxes when buying a car in Exeter?
Yes, you’ll need to pay taxes when purchasing a car in Exeter. The amount of tax you’ll pay will depend on the value of the car.
2. Can I negotiate the price of a car in Exeter?
While it’s always worth trying to negotiate a better price, some dealerships in Exeter may be less willing to negotiate due to the high demand for cars in the area.
3. Should I buy a new or used car?
It depends on your preferences and budget. Newer cars will generally have fewer maintenance issues, but they’ll also be more expensive. Used cars are usually less expensive, but may require more maintenance over time.
4. How do I find a reputable dealership in Exeter?
Do your research online, read reviews from other customers, and ask for recommendations from friends and family.
5. Can I finance a car in Exeter?
Yes, many dealerships in Exeter offer financing options for those who need it.
6. Do dealerships in Exeter offer warranties?
Yes, many new and used cars sold in Exeter come with a warranty.
7. Can I test drive a car before purchasing it?
Yes, most dealerships in Exeter will allow you to test drive a car before making a purchase.
So, there you have it – everything you need to know about buying a car in Exeter UK. With a wide variety of options available, competitive prices, and financing options, purchasing a car in Exeter is easier than ever before.
Remember to do your research, choose a reputable dealership, and factor in maintenance costs before making a purchase. With the right approach, you’ll find the perfect car for your needs and budget in no time.
Thank you for reading this article, and we hope you find your dream car in Exeter!
Please note that purchasing a car always comes with risks, including the risk of unexpected maintenance costs and depreciation. We recommend that you do your research carefully and consult with a financial advisor before making any major purchases.